In earlier posts, we've suggested that many of Venice's dogs are pampered, and we aren't ready to change our tune. Still, there's no doubt that some dogs in Venice earn their keep, as we show in this photo essay on Venetian canine occupations.
1. Providing security for snack bars:
2. Testing pet products:
5. Posing as still-life models for artists:
7. Acting as fashion accessories during Carnival:
8. Serving as superheroes and superheroines:
9. Imitating superheroes and superheroines, like the erzatz Batmen and Wonder Women on Hollywood Boulevard: